Friday, March 20, 2015

11 More Days (Slice #20 - Friends)

Old friends and new friends – both are so very important.  Both define our lives in such incredible ways.

I spent most of today with an old friend.  Ms. M, my former boss and “other mother,” drove down from Springfield this morning.  She, my sister, and I had the most wonderful time talking, painting pottery, eating lunch, and splurging on delicious brownies!  I am so fortunate to have such a special old friend.

This evening, I had dinner with a new friend – one whom I have only known for a little over a year, but feel like I have been friends with for much longer.  We laughed and shared stories for most of the evening and left with promises to see each other again soon.  I am so lucky to have such a wonderful new friend.


Old friends and new friends – life’s precious gifts.  I thank God I have been blessed with both!

5 comments:

  1. Me too. I agree. Even though I have lost 2 friends recently. One over the summer and the other in about October. I am glad you get to see your old and new friends though. You will always be my friend. I will remember you FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Story, when I left Joplin I now have an old friend. But I make new friends every day..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Story, when I left Joplin I now have an old friend. But I make new friends every day..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this story. I have a best friend that I new sence pre-school. I have a lots of friends that I meet last year

    ReplyDelete