Wednesday, March 11, 2015

20 More Days (Slice #11 - Throw Back)

When I first expressed to my parents the shear terror I felt about writing this blog, they simply laughed and said, “But you always loved writing!”  I tried to explain to them that this simply was not true, but they insisted.  In an effort to prove their point, they began sending writing samples they had saved of my work over the years.  One in particular made me smile because it was the exact same assignment that my own students had been tasked with this fall – an “I Am” poem. 

The “I Am” Poem, from little Lori (Cwayna) Smith:

I am Lori Cwayna

I am hopeful and playful
I wonder if I will get good grades
I hear a fish singing
I see a unicorn
I want a telephone in my room
I am hopeful and playful

I pretend that I am very rich
I feel sad when my dog runs away
I touch my cat
I worry about my Grandma’s back
I cry at sad movies
I am hopeful and playful

I understand why we have volcanoes
I say we should keep our country free
I dream I have a horse that turns into a unicorn
I try to make a goal at soccer
I hope that I get a hamster
I am hopeful and playful



Maybe I didn’t always fear writing after all...



__________________________________________________________________

Ok kiddos, and Miss Collins, if 10 miles equals 6.2 kilometers, how many kilometers are in 40 miles?


15 comments:

  1. The answer is 24.8 I always thought writing was bad as well but it seems fine now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is so just out there. You just got right to the point. It seems like you loved animals. I have one question. How often did you dog run away? I had to comment the answer before Bobby. So, all you have to do is 6.2*4 because 40/10=4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It was pretty random, huh? I never claimed to a be a good writer! Lol! And I have no clue how often the dog ran away. Frankly, I don't remember the dog ever running away. Oh well! The mind of a child...

      Delete
  3. I think the answer is 24.8 but I am not sure. Is your poem from the eyes of when you were little? Either way it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are a really good author Mrs. Smith! And the answer to your question is 24.8 kilometers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny
    Answer: 24.8

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked your "I am" poem.It was quite interesting.I love unicorns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked your "I am" poem.It was quite interesting.I love unicorns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was an interesting I Am Poem. I liked though. See writing isnt that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, I don't know. It's still pretty tough for me!

      Delete
  9. That was an interesting I Am Poem. I liked though. See writing isnt that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha. That's funny. The answer is 24.85484.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked your I am poem you did really good !

    ReplyDelete