Thursday, March 5, 2015

26 More Days (Slice #5 - UnSnow Day)

The Un-Snow Day

Anticipation simmers,
Children’s whispers buzz,
Teachers wink with knowing eyes,
And doors are closed.
Night falls and gently lays a blanket of hope over all.

Awake!
Ears sharpen into focus.
No sound.
No call. 
One more snooze,
Two,
Three.

Hope fades as desperation settles in.

Nothing.  Nothing?

Warm, cozy covers pushed aside with resentment.
Feet fall heavy on the floor.
No snow, no call,

Another day. 


_____________________________________________________________________

*In keeping with the snow theme, Miss Collins, which graph would be most appropriate to display the amount of precipitation Missouri has received over the past 30 days?

   A.  Bar Graph
   B.  Line Graph
   C.  Circle Graph
   D.  Stem-and-Leaf Plot

6 comments:

  1. I love it! I like were you put '' Another day''.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer to your math question is b. You are getting better everyday. I don't know why you say you are a bad writer. You are GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I answered this yesterday and it must have not posted! Grrrr! :) I thought it was B, but I actually like bar graphs the best. Is it weird to have a favorite kind of graph??

    P.S. I like your poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, B is correct! And I believe it's perfectly normal to have a favorite type of graph. Personally, I prefer histograms!

      Delete
  4. I like how you put in the thoughts of the students in your poem. It was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked that. I was happy it was an Un-Snowday. Amazing Job

    ReplyDelete