Tuesday, March 10, 2015

21 More Days (Slice #10 - Thankful)

The words “thank you” simply do not seem adequate enough to express how truly grateful I am on this day.  Every single person in my life has gone above and beyond to make me feel special and loved.  Very often as an adult I dread birthdays, or they come and go without much fanfare, leaving me relatively disappointed.  That was not the case today.

From the moment I awoke, I began receiving phone calls, texts, and Facebook messages from family and friends.  At school, bright and fragrant flowers from my parents gave life to my classroom, and my absolutely precious children showered me with thoughtful cards, presents, birthday wishes, and the very sweetest hugs!  My fabulous teacher-friends even treated me to a gourmet lunch of creamy potato soup, delicious sandwiches, my favorite crackers, cheeses, olives, chips, and the most decadent chocolate desserts!  As if this all was not enough, my homeroom class completely surprised me at the end of the day with a party – complete with snacks, cards, and an adorable stuffed lion named Leo. 

I left the building grinning from ear to ear like a little kid!  And if it is even possible, the day keeps getting better.  As I sit here now, my incredible husband is hard at work preparing a delicious meal.  I am just confident I have never had such a spectacular, heart-warming birthday in all of my life!


So although “thanks” really is not enough, a sincere thank you goes out to all of you from the very bottom of my heart.  You - my family, friends, colleagues, and students - are my favorite gift of all! 


____________________________________________________________________

Ok Miss Collins and kiddos, here's your question:

If 4x + 6y = 20, what does 2x + 3y equal?


12 comments:

  1. Hope you liked the surprise party. Have a Happy Birthday. I really like your Slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe that kinda made me tear up a bit. I am so glad you got the birthday you wanted it makes me happy when I see my teachers happy. You are one of the best teachers so far that I had ever had. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a sweetheart! Thank you, Amara! I am truly a lucky lady to have such amazing students!

      Delete
  3. Your math question stumped me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for thanking us so well that felt very sincere HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys all just made my day so very special. Thanks again! Love my kids!

      Delete
  5. x=2 and y=2 because 4*2=8 and 6*2=12 and 12+8=20. SO the answer to the problem will be 10, cause 3*2=6 and 2*2= 4. 6+4=10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Smith I am so glad I you had a happy birthday! I will even out it in a math problem for you March +10th = Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy you had a good birthday your such a great friend and an amazing teacher to your students!

    ReplyDelete