Sunday, March 29, 2015

2 More Days (Slice #29 - Lake Girl)

Lake time – ah!  I cannot wait!  This weekend I tasted the smallest, juicy bite of the pleasure to come this summer.  The glistening water, the cheerful chirping of local birds, the scent of fresh burning fire pits and charcoal, and the comforting warmth of sun on my skin all beckoned to me, begging me to stay and savor them for just a moment longer. 

The weekend disappeared too fast.  The lake now lies several miles behind me as I travel back home, but I can still hear it calling.  It won’t be long now, though, before I head back to relish its many delights.  Soon, my school year persona of “Math Teacher” will fade away, replaced by my much more relaxed (and tan) alter ego of “Lake Girl!” 


Sunshine, hot dogs, hummingbirds, s’mores, swimming, boating, fishing, friends, and family – the best season of all is about to officially begin! 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't commented on the last few slices. I have been in Tulsa since Friday after school. I just now read all of the ones I missed. They are still good. Keep it up. Only two more days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! Almost done! Hope you had fun in Tulsa!!!

      Delete
  2. For the Disney lover:
    http://garemm2130.blogspot.com/2015/03/slice-of-life-march-30th-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to read your blogs.............. We only have 2 days left. Yay!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete