Saturday, March 7, 2015

24 More Days (Slice #7 - Children)

We have two boys. 

My husband, Aaron, and I have been married for almost eight years, and without fail, the first question we are asked each time we meet someone new is “Do you two have any children?”  For many years, we answered honestly and said no.  This inevitably led to an awkward silence, followed by “Why?  Don’t you want kids?”  Increased awkwardness.

Recently, I devised the most brilliant response to this rather frustrating inquiry.  The conversation now generally unfolds as follows: 

Random Person:  “Do you two have any children?”

Me:  “Why yes!  We have two boys.”

Random Person:  “Oh how sweet!  How old are they?”

Me:  “Well, let’s see…Bodi is twelve now, and Simon just turned seven.”

Random Person:  “Wow, you must really have your hands full!”

Me:  “We most certainly do.  But any time they get rowdy, we just send them outside to play!” 

End of conversation.

The only itty-bitty, teeny-tiny detail I consistently fail to mention in this exchange is that our two “children” are actually dogs.  Perfectly precious, non-argumentative, relatively self-sufficient, unconditionally loving, extra snuggly, happy, healthy dogs!  No one has ever specifically asked if we have human children, and since our puppies really are our babies, my answer is truthful in every way.


We have two boys!


Simon (left) and Bodi (right)

__________________________________________________________________

Here you go, Miss Collins!  You've got this one!

Which of the following is not equivalent to the fraction 3/5?

   A.  1/2 + 2/3
   B.  0.6
   C.  60%
   D.  120/200

7 comments:

  1. I love the story! I think the conversation was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A, I think!

    I love your slice and the pic of your babies!! Sweet little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The answer is a. How long have you had your "children?" I have my dog Justin for about 4 years now. She's a girl. If you want to know why her name is Justin just read my 3rd slice. Once again great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad Miss Collins and Emma got this one right! I have a sucker tomorrow for the first student to reply and explain WHY that answer is incorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boys make me smile. 😊. They look so sweet and I know they are because I have met them! Our dogs, cats, hamsters,whatever, are our kids. I truly believe our pets are stress relievers. So, go home and hug the necks of Bodi and Simon for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for sure! Lots of hugs for the babies tonight!

      Delete
  6. :-) So cute!!!
    Answer: A. 1/2+2/3

    ReplyDelete