Thursday, March 12, 2015

19 More Days (Slice #12 - Stress)

I am beyond stressed.  

My brain is a pile of mush.  

At sunrise tomorrow, I will be taking a four-hour testing consisting of 160 questions and covering an unreasonably broad span of content from English, science, social studies, and math.  While I have always been a confident test taker, I am finding myself at near panic levels in regards to this assessment.  Most of this material I have not studied for over ten years, and some of it was much, much longer ago than that - if ever!  

The support and encouragement I am receiving from my friends, colleagues, and students is sincerely appreciated; however, it has done little to calm my nerves.  By this time tomorrow, I will be relaxed and celebrating, or frustrated and studying again.  I am certainly hoping for the first option!   

Here I go...time to sharpen my pencil.



__________________________________________________________________

Miss Collins, if my test is four hours long and I have 160 questions to complete, approximately how long do I have to spend on each test question?


3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Remember to use the techniques you taught us. We are all wishing you the best of luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete