Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Last Day (Slice #31 - Done)

I cannot believe it.  I keep staring at the title of this piece and it seems impossible.  Did I really just confess my true phobia of writing thirty slices ago?  Have I honestly committed a piece of my life and heart to paper every day for a month? 

I wish I could say that it got easier – that my phobia all but disappeared.  But that would be untrue.  This last slice is nearly as difficult for me as the first.  What I have learned, though, is that I can do it.  Writing, as with many challenges in life, may be scary and difficult, but with perseverance and determination it can be overcome. 


It is strange…a part of me is actually a little sad.  It feels like I have so many stories left untold, so many moments to share.  To me, the predictability of mathematics has always been beautiful, but I suppose there is beauty in writing as well.  The eternal preservation of a thought, feeling, or memory is something that mathematics cannot provide.   Writing allows us to express ourselves – freely, completely, and without judgment or consequence.  

I may write again tomorrow.  I may wait to write for another full year.  Maybe, it will even be longer from now than that.  My future as a writer is unsure; however, I do know, without a doubt, that I will never forget this experience and will forever view writing in a new light, with renewed respect.


Congrats, to all Slicers!  We did it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got done with slice of life! Good job Mrs.Smith!

    ReplyDelete