Sunday, March 13, 2016

Slice #12 - Bad Sushi

There is, quite possibly, nothing worse in the ENTIRE world than bad sushi.  I am not talking about sushi that makes you legitimately physically sick.  I am talking about sub-par, plain, gloppily-riced, flavorless, soggy, pathetically-sauced, refrigerated, questionably-fresh grocery store sushi. 

Now, understand, not all grocery store sushi is bad.  We have often found perfectly adequate sushi in the little black plastic containers near the back of the store.  This sushi is, by no stretch of the imagination, “amazing,” but it will do in a moment of desperation. 

The sushi we had today was bad sushi!  Blech!  I am cringing even now just thinking about it!  For several weeks, all I have wanted is to drive to our favorite sushi restaurant in Springfield and gorge myself with all of the delicate, delicious fishy delights.  Our schedules, unfortunately, have not permitted this journey to the Sushi Mecca, so instead my sweet husband attempted to pacify my cravings by picking up some grocery store sushi to enjoy with dinner. 

What a mistake! 

Not only have I consumed bad sushi (which has wasted both time and taste buds that I simply can never recover), but now I am ravenous for the sushi I truly love!  If I don’t have any soon, I might actually DIE! 


Please!  I’m fading fast.  Won’t someone find me even a little bite?

No comments:

Post a Comment