Thursday, March 3, 2016

Slice #3 - A Love Story

The notion of “love at first sight” is a lie. 

When we met, I did not love you.  In fact, I despised you.  I hated the very sight and smell of you.  The mere mention of your name sent shivers up my spine. 

You were bitter.  Stale.  Uninviting.

My friends and family all insisted I would eventually grow to love you.  They said, “As soon as you are older, you will understand.”  I did not. 

They promised once I reached high school, we would at least be friends.  Yet, you still repulsed me. 

When I started college, you followed me everywhere.  Everyone swore it was only a matter of time before I fell in love.  It did not happen.

You tempted me often throughout my first few years of teaching, but nothing could sway my frozen heart.  I hated you.  That would never change.

Until one day…

It did. 

I cannot describe how or why.  Frankly, I don’t even remember the exact moment I knew.  One day, though, everything changed!  I fell in love!  Madly, deeply, crazily in love!

Now, it feels as if my world would crumble without you.  Each day I wake up full of anticipation!  I cannot wait to be near you, to smell you, to feel your warmth!  You bring me joy in a way no other could.  You fill me with energy and life!  I truly cannot imagine a world without you, and I swear I will be true to you for the rest of my life.


Coffee…you have stolen my heart.


I love you.

10 comments:

  1. Love it! And it of course is so very, very true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And it of course is so very, very true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weirdly, I experienced the same journey with onions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like onions, but I LOVE COFFEE!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You love coffee? Wow, your taste buds sure developed way sooner than mine did! ;)

      Delete
  5. thanks for the heads up Mrs.Smith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, at the beginning of this i thought that you were talking about a specific person! Well, that was a real twist! Coffee will always be everyones TRUE LOVE!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, at the beginning of this i thought that you were talking about a specific person! Well, that was a real twist! Coffee will always be everyones TRUE LOVE!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete