Sunday, March 13, 2016

Slice #13 - Struggle Bus



The “Struggle Bus” is a noun used to describe a difficult, challenging mental or emotional state.  Commonly, a person utilizes this term when he/she is particularly lacking drive or motivation in such situation.  On or around events like a full moon, district or state standardized test, mid-December, mid-April, and/or the week before a major holiday, one might hear this particular phrase spoken often…especially by teachers.

I, myself, am currently riding the struggle bus.  

Correction:  I am driving the struggle bus – straight towards the edge of a cliff! 

I know that a break is just an infinitesimal number of days away, but right now I can barely summon the energy it takes to make it out of my pajamas.  The thought of actually having to function – to “adult” – in a professional or social setting is all but unbearable! 

All I want is to curl up in the back seat of the struggle bus and SLEEP!!!

But, alas, I must, whether I like it or not, power through this struggle bus ride.  Hopefully Spring Break arrives before I actually make it to the edge of that cliff…


2 comments:

  1. You found a picture of the struggle bus!! This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I strongly feel like you and I need to make this into a t-shirt. Red, of course. ;)

      Delete