Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Slice #9 - Shopping

In many ways, I feel I often fall short of the typical female stereotype.  I absolutely hate talking on the phone.  I am much more comfortable in sweats and flip-flops than fancy dresses and heels.  I would rather watch NFL football any day than a sappy, romantic movie.  I have zero dancing skills because I spent my entire childhood on a sports field rather than in a dance studio. 

And shopping…I despise it!  It is truly one of my greatest “feminine” weaknesses.  Just the thought of having to face a department store full of people and rack-upon-rack of clothes makes me break into a cold sweat!  At Christmas time, I simply avoid the stores altogether and insist on buying every single gift online!

My husband, Aaron, says shoppers come in two forms – hunters and gathers.  He says I am most definitely a “hunter.”  I know exactly what I want, what I’m looking for, and I go get it.  I do not “go shopping” for fun.  When I am forced into this situation, I am focused purely on my mission!  I get what I need and then I get out!

But every once in a while, when the stars align just right, my inner girly-girl escapes with a vengeance!  Today was just that day.

I went to the store knowing exactly what shirt I wanted.  I had my coupons ready.  I knew the shirt’s precise location.  My mission was simple:  get the shirt and scram! 

And then…on the way to my destination, I walked by the clearance rack.  Suddenly, everything changed.  Every cute sweater was on sale and just my size!  The dress pants I had desperately been needing were marked down to next-to-nothing!  Dresses and capris and shoes and leggings and jackets and more – all of them called out to my inner shopping diva and begged me to take them home. 

So I did. 

I guess sometimes, you just can’t fight nature. 


No comments:

Post a Comment