Sunday, March 6, 2016

Slice #6 - Luggage

Had you told me it was possible to spend an entire day researching luggage, I would not have believed you.  Had I actually thought that I would literally spend my whole day today doing just that, I probably would have stayed in bed!

Today started like any normal Sunday should.  I was simply sipping on my coffee, watching the birds in the backyard, when I received “the email.”  This email was from a local department store announcing its sale items for the week.  Between sips of coffee, I merely mentioned to Aaron that luggage was on sale, and BOOM – the nightmare began!

Honestly, our luggage has probably seen better days.  We both have had our sets since before we even met.  Recently, we have had the pleasure of discovering little black shards of plastic in our clothes each time we travel as our luggage seems to be spontaneously combusting from within! 

With that said, I certainly did not expect today would be the day we would find ourselves lost in Luggage Land!  Who knew there were so many options!?!  Who could have thought we would have so many questions?  What brand?  What size?  Sets or individual pieces?  How many pieces are reasonable or necessary in a set?  What kind of wheels?  What color?  What really is the difference between “Moroccan blue” or “Arctic Blue” or “Turquoise?”  What about prints?  How many stars does it have on Amazon?  What about other websites?  Can the suitcase expand?  Does it need to expand?  How many interior pockets does it have?  How many do we need?  Do we want a hard case or soft one?  If we choose a hard case, does it need a lock?  Should the lock be combination or keyed?  Why don’t all locks have a TSA key? 

WHY DO I EVEN CARE ABOUT ANY OF THIS?!?

Thankfully, nearly eight hours later, we came to a decision.  We confirmed our purchase and should be expecting our luggage in five to seven business days.  And while this should make me happy, I cannot help but wonder…


Should I have chosen the Disney print instead?

4 comments:

  1. hope you got expandable - you can't go to Disney without coming back with extras!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I hate buying stuff like that. Should be fun, but it isn't and I always wonder if I have made the best choice. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The day sure provided me with a lot of good material to write about! Ughh! Luggage shopping stinks! ;)

      Delete