Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Slice #15 - Golf

My dad always says, “They call it ‘golf’ because all other four-letter words were taken!”  I honestly have to believe that’s true!  I consider myself a relatively athletic person.  I played softball, ran track, played soccer, and even tried out basketball for a while.  So when my husband and father asked me about a year ago to try golf, I figured, “Sure!  Why not!?  Piece of cake!”

Wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong. 

Golfing is SO hard!  Every bit of the swing is exactly what I was taught not to do in softball.  I feel like I have to unlearn everything I know – erase all of my muscle memory – just to try to learn this. 

But when I do hit the ball right, when it sings off my club and flies straight as arrow, I know why people love it!  And, I want to try again and again just to feel that feeling! 


Golf.  Just another four-letter word...

No comments:

Post a Comment